ESG: The benefits of fourth-generation, secure data center fabrics
Outdated architectures that worked for legacy applications hinder the performance and security of modern applications and are complex, costly, and energy inefficient.
Fourth-generation network fabrics can preserve on-premises data center investments while providing the scale, agility, security, and performance required for modern applications.
ESG examines how a distributed service network architecture can help you achieve cloud-like data center agility and hyperscale functionality that’s ready for every challenge of the modern data center.
This ESG whitepaper explains how fourth-generation network fabrics can:
- Improve operational efficiency by automating day-to-day operations and provisioning
- Reduce costs and power consumption by removing the need for dedicated appliances for each service
- Achieve greater visibility into east–west traffic patterns of modern applications
- Ensure higher levels of data security with distributed firewalls closer to critical applications
- Extend Zero Trust and micro segmentation closer to critical applications with advanced security services